The NZ Privacy Act 2020 sets out rules about handling private information. The 13 Information Privacy Principles set explicit rules about how organisations and businesses can collect, store, use and share information. It’s an important element of building trust (as well as maintaining compliance) for New Zealand businesses.
Help your staff to familiarise themselves with the legal requirements of handling the private information of your customers and clients with the 13 Information Principles online module. It is designed to complement our Introduction to NZ Privacy Act module.
This course has been created so your have everything they need in one place to learn and refer back to on one of the most important New Zealand laws. It will walk your people through:
- An introduction to the NZ Privacy Act 2020
- IPP 1 Purpose for collection
- IPP 2 Source of personal information
- IPP 3 Collection from subject
- IPP 4 Manner of collection
- IPP 5 Storage and security
- IPP 6 Access
- IPP 7 Correction
- IPP 8 Accuracy
- IPP 9 Keeping personal information
- IPP 10 Limits on use
- IPP 11 Limits on disclosure
- IPP 12 Disclosing information to an agency overseas
- IPP 13 Unique identifiers
Learning time:45 minutes
Go deeper and pair this module with other modules from our Privacy 101 package:
Tailoring options — Like all Skillpod modules, this module is ready to use immediately, or can be tailored to suit the needs of your business and people. Find out more about our tailoring options.