This module supports you to learn how to influence.
One of the key things you can do as a leader is to practice the art of influence. At a basic level, influence is about getting someone to do what you want them to do. This means personally affecting their thinking, opinions, decisions and actions.
The best leaders use a variety of influencing styles and adapt them to suit the situation, This module will help you learn how to influence by helping you to recognise the techniques you are already familiar with and identify techniques that will help you. We’ll cover:
- bridging — when we listen to others and create relationships
- rational — when we use logic and facts
- inspirational — when we draw on their inspiration
- negotiator — when we make compromises without sacrificing your idea
- assertive — when we are direct and push for action
You’ll learn about the ways people try to resist influence, and what you can do to positively overcome this. You will have the opportunity to identify some ideas for your own scenario too.
Learning time: 10 — 15 minutes
Tailoring options — Like all Skillpod modules, this module is ready to use immediately, or can be tailored to suit the needs of your business and people. Find out more about our tailoring options.