Leading Performance Reviews
Learn how to navigate the delicate balance of performance and development discussions to build trust and confidence, reward great work and build a positive mentoring culture.
This package will lead you through the process of conducting performance and development discussions.
Ensure you meet all your legal obligations to support your staff member to clearly understand the process and take ownership of their part in it. Get great tips and strategies on how to engage your staff member in this process by setting clear expectations, and working together to set and monitor SMART work goals. Understand the communication that needs to take place to ensure that potentially difficult conversations about performance improvement are turned into empowering, mentoring opportunities.
We’ve taken the best from our Performance, Leadership and Wellness content, to help people leaders create a safe environment for staff to be encouraged to optimise their performance.
These 5 modules have been handpicked by our instructional designer and contain 1.15 hour of learning of targeted learning.
Influencing others is a great introductory module to learn how to communicate your ideas and suggestions to clients, customers, colleagues, and staff by maximising their interpersonal skills.
- Identify their personal influencing style
- Know when to adopt a different style to suit their audience and meet their goals
- Overcome resistance to their ideas or suggestions with proven techniques
This Introduction to Performance Improvement module will help you turn difficult conversations about a staff member’s performance issues into mentoring opportunities. Often all that is needed is a structured approach to address these concerns in a constructive manner. This module helps you do that by walking you through:
- Understand why performance improvement is important
- What is a Performance Improvement Plan?
- Learn the importance of acting in “good faith”
- An insight into holding performance discussions
In the Performance Improvement Plan Meeting module, you’ll find strategies to help your staff member become accountable for their growth, set goals together and collaborate on getting them up-to-the-mark while meeting your obligations as an employer. This module addresses:
- Steps for setting the formal Performance Improvement Plan meeting up
- Setting positive goals and using the process to mentor your staff member
- How to conduct the first formal review of the Performance Improvement Plan
- How to deal with stress, and claims of bullying during the process
One of the toughest aspects of addressing issues around under-performance is knowing Where the PIP responsibilities lie. But these conversations need not be fraught, and this module will show you how to work with an HR representative to turn the Performance Improvement Process into a mentoring opportunity. It covers:
- Understanding what your responsibilities as a manager during the process are
- An overview of how HR can assist with the process
- Understanding the staff member’s responsibilities during the process
The resilient mindset module turns on its head the “one size fits all” approach common in discussions on resilience. It helps you understand that our different life experiences have led us to all have very different levels of resilience, and what we do have in common is the ability to build up our resilience no matter how low it may be.
This module has been created for your employees with input from a resilience coach so they have everything they need in one place to help them expand upon their resilience skills in a way that is pertinent to them. It takes you through:
- The standard definition of “resilience”
- Defining what resilience means to you as an individual
- How to manage your personal triggers
Tailoring – make it your own
NZ Marine ITO
With our experts we have taken world ranked content and created immersive learning that engages and excites both people leaders and their teams.